DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘privacy notice’) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
1. Who collects the information
Veevar Ltd (the Company) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you.
2. Data protection principles
The Company will comply with the following data protection principles when processing personal
- we will process personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- we will collect personal information for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only, and
will not process it in a way that is incompatible with those legitimate purposes;
- we will only process the personal information that is adequate, relevant and necessary for the
- we will keep accurate and up to date personal information, and take reasonable steps to
ensure that inaccurate personal information are deleted or corrected without delay;
- we will keep personal information in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no
longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is processed; and
- we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that personal information are kept secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
3. About the information we collect and hold
We may collect the following information from you:
- Your name and contact details (ie address, home and mobile phone numbers, email address).
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes:
- for your account membership to our website;
- for compliance with our legal obligations; and
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
In particular where you are a student we will share your information with your appointed teacher to enable that teacher to carry on his business as a music teacher and to deliver tuition to you organise lessons.
We shall not require your consent to holding and processing the above information as we require this information to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations to you in order to carry on the business of the Company and to continue to provide you access to your account on our website.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
We may also need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as external contractors and our professional advisers and with potential purchasers of some or all of our business or on a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information as required to comply with the law.
4. Where information may be held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, and third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above.
5. How long we keep your information
We keep your information during and after your membership for no longer than is necessary for the
purposes for which the personal information is processed.
6. Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased
Please contact Adam Welch who can be contacted at [email protected] if (in accordance with applicable law) you would like to correct or request access to information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice. You also have the right to ask Adam Welch for some but not all of the information we hold and process to be erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances. Adam Welch will provide you with further information about the right to be forgotten, if you ask for it.
7. Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. How to complain
We hope that we are able to resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If not, contact the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.